**Hiring Announcement** SPECIAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS (SLEO) I POSITIONS - 2/22/2018
SPECIAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS (SLEO) I POSITIONS
The Longport Police Department is seeking two (2) SLEO I police officers. Applicant must be willing to attend the training academy from May 7th through May 18, 2018. Please have completed application submitted by March 15, 2018. No applications will be accepted after 12:00 pm on this date.
Subsequent to submitting an application, candidates will be screened by a written examination, physical fitness indicator test, background investigation, oral interview and psychological examination. EOE
• A United States citizen.
• A resident in the state of New Jersey.
• At least 18 years of age at the time of application for SLEO I Officers.
• Possess a valid New Jersey Drivers license.
• Have no criminal record.
• Pass a physical examination.
• Of sound moral character.
• Pass a detailed background investigation.
• Pass an oral interview with:
The Chief of Police;
An interview with the Appropriate Authority of the
Borough of Longport.
• Pass a psychological exam by a Psychiatrist or Psychologist chosen by the Borough of Longport. If a candidate has already completed a similar test within the last 12 months, as a condition of employment for another agency, the Borough of Longport reserves the right and may utilize the results of that examination for its own purposes.
• Pass Drug Testing screening
***Application packet can be downloaded by clicking the Downloadable Forms tab on the left side of our homepage***