**HIRING ANNOUNCEMENT- Full-time Police Officer.** - 10/2/2017
POLICE OFFICER POSITION
The Longport Police Department is seeking one (1) full-time police officer. Applicant must be willing to attend a training academy (approximately 20 weeks). Please have completed application submitted by October 28, 2017. No applications will be accepted after 12:00 pm on this date. Starting salary is $44,896.33 after graduating from the academy.
Subsequent to submitting an application, candidates will be screened by a written examination, physical fitness indicator test, background investigation, oral interview and psychological examination. EOE
• A United States citizen.
• A resident in the state of New Jersey.
• At least 21 years of age at the time of application and not older than 35.
• Possess an Associate Degree or is currently matriculating at a college or university offering a Baccalaureate Degree and has earned 64 credits toward a Degree or Served 4 years active military service.
• Possess a valid New Jersey Drivers license.
• Have no criminal record.
• Pass a physical fitness indicator test.
• Pass a physical examination.
• Of sound moral character.
• Pass a detailed background investigation.
• Pass a written test consisting of multiple choice and/or an essay.
• Pass an oral interview with:
The Chief of Police;
An interview with the Appropriate Authority of the
Borough of Longport.
• Pass a psychological exam by a Psychiatrist or Psychologist chosen by the Borough of Longport . If a candidate has already completed a similar test within the last 12 months, as a condition of employment for another agency , the Borough of Longport reserves the right and may utilize the results of that examination for its own purposes.
• Pass Drug Testing screening
***Application packet can be downloaded by clicking the Downloadable Forms tab on the left side of our homepage***